10-Feb-2016 -- This is the third out of seven reports on confluence visits during a car trip across the USA. The story starts at 39°N 77°W and continues from 35°N 82°W.
In the morning we started driving from Greenville, South Carolina. Simply staying on I-85 we reached the urban area of Atlanta shortly before noon. This confluence is only 2 miles short of I-85 in a fine neighbourhood of Lawrenceville with direct road access. Its visit is a perfect “10-minute confluence” that would not delay any other planning of the day.
After navigation to coordinates had brought us to 1470 Ashwood Way, we were just 13 m off the precise location. Before stepping on the front lawn where the confluence is located, I rang the bell. A friendly young man gave me instantaneous permission to my request – he knew about the special coordinates of his house.
Again this was a fun visit with nice sunny weather and a quiet atmosphere in this rich neighbourhood. We continued our drive to downtown Atlanta, where we visited The World of Coca-Cola.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to the road: 13 m
- Distance to a footpath: 5 m
- Distance of car parking: 50 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 0.5 min
- Time at the CP: 11:18 AM
- Measured height: 307 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: located in urban area with slightly hilly terrain
- Vegetation: lawn, pine trees
- Weather: sunny 16° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Quick Frontyard Confluence
The story continues at 33°N 85°W.