26-Apr-2013 -- Visiting family in the Netherlands and Germany provided a good opportunity to visit a couple confluence points as well: 52N 5E, 52N 8E and 52N 10E (This CP).
Together with family we drove off in the morning to visit the Rammelsberg ore mine (near Goslar), making a detour to this confluence point. The (dirt) road to the CP is not accessible for cars, so we parked at N 52°0.127'N 9°59.714'E, walking the last 550 m over the dirt-road and along the edge of the forest.
The confluence is located in a field with just sprouting crops - we think some cereal; from the edge of the forest there was a tractor track running some 15 m west of the confluence point, which we used to get as close as possible without treading on the crop. The last 15 m to get to the exact point we tiptoed between the young cereal.
The CP is located in a hilly area, mostly used as agricultural ground dotted with a few (smaller) forests and some higher hills in the distance (to the North). Weather was great on this sunny spring day, a pleasant 25 °C in the sun.
After taking the required pictures and writing down the visit information, we also visited the nearby marker (at 51°59.903'N 9°59.920'E). Hereafter we continued our journey and spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the Rammelsberg mine near the town of Goslar in the Harz area.
- Date/Time of visit: 26 April 2013, 11:20
- GPS Devices: Garmin Oregon 450/Garmin etrex vista HCx
- GPS Latitude: N 52 00.000 (Oregon) / N 52 00.002 (etrex)
- GPS Longitude: E010 00.000 (Oregon) / E010 00.000 (etrex)
- GPS accuracy: ±3 m (both)
- GPS Altitude: 195 m (both)
- Minimal distance: ±0 m
- Distance to nearest drivable road: ±400 m direction North-West
- Road name: Westerbeeke
- Nearest village: Evensen, Landkreis Hildesheim, Niedersachsen, Germany
- Visible Terrain/Area: Agricultural, hilly, forest
- Weather: Sunny; ±25 °C in the sun
- Description of the CP: On a field with unknown crop
- CP Name: (none as far as we know)
- Means of transport: Car, walking the final 550 m over a path