23-Apr-2013 -- Visiting family in the Netherlands and Germany provided a good opportunity to visit a few confluence points: 52N 5E (This CP), 52N 8E and 52N 10E.
Arriving at Schiphol Airport (Netherlands), we picked up the rental car and drove off to our first destination, this Confluence Point. Getting there is really easy, simply use 'follow road' on your GPS and it will guide you to the CP. Only some 30 meter north from the coordinates is space to park a car.
The CP is located on the grass separating the road from the cycle path and can be accessed without any trouble. The CP is not marked and is located near a roundabout and in all honesty that's about the most existing aspect of this CP. The surroundings is a typical Dutch agricultural landscape - flat.
After taking the required pictures and writing down the visit information, we continued our journey to the South.
- Date/Time of visit: 23 April 2013, 14:43
- GPS Devices: Garmin Oregon 450/Garmin etrex vista HCx
- GPS Latitude: N 52 00.000 (Oregon) / N 52 00.001 (etrex)
- GPS Longitude: E005 00.000 (Oregon) / E005 00.000 (etrex)
- GPS accuracy: ±2 m (Oregon) / ±3 m (etrex)
- GPS Altitude: -9 m (Oregon) / -12 m (etrex) [Both are incorrect and need to be calibrated. Altitude is ± -2 m (Google Earth)]
- Minimal distance: ±0 m
- Distance to nearest road: 0 m
- Road name: Ingenieur F.E.D. van Enschedeweg
- Nearest village: Benschop, Gemeente Lopik, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Visible Terrain/Area: Flat, agricultural, roads and a small forest to the South-West
- Weather: Overcast with sunny spells; ±12 °C
- Description of the CP: Grass separation between road and cylce-path, near a roundabout
- CP Name: (none as far as we know)
- Means of transport: Car (rental)