14-May-2015 -- This is the 11th out of 12 reports reaching confluence points along the 51°N-line. The story starts from 51°N 14°E.
Coming from 51°N 5°E, we reached this confluence at 6:44 PM after a drive of 1 hour and 26 minutes in western direction. We crossed the railroad tracks about 400 m to the West, because the crossing right at the confluence point has been closed. The railway line is just 150 m north of the confluence. We parked the car on a track parallel to the railway and had a quick stroll to the confluence, which is located on a huge field. The not yet determinable seedlings are far enough apart to allow walking between the lines without doing any harm to them. The confluence is right in the center of the field.
It rained and with a chilly wind it was quite unpleasant outside. So we didn’t hang around for a long time at this confluence. Anyway, we had planned to visit one more confluence point this day.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 158 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 2 minutes
- Time at the CP: 6:46 PM
- Measured height: 7 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 1 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: absolutely flat
- Vegetation: young sprouts, probably corn
- Weather: rain, 11° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Wet Fieldcenter Confluence
The story finishes at 51°N 3°E.