31-Dec-2020 -- This is the sixth out of 8 confluence reports on our 11-day trip through the western part of South Africa. The story starts at 33°S 19°E and continues from 30°S 23°E.
On confluence day, we started in Britstown. On our way to Port Elisabeth, we made a little excursion to reach this confluence point, which is conveniently located just 120 m from the main highway N9. It is almost a drive-in confluence point.
The confluence is in lightly undulating terrain with dry grass and a rockbed, with some boulders peeking out of the sediment soil material.
An interesting feature were white bones right at the confluence point. Maybe the remainder of an unsuccessful confluence hunter.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 120 m
- Distance to a track: 120 m
- Distance of car parking: 120 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 2 minutes
- Time at the confluence: 10:29 AM
- Measured height: 1486 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: dry grass
- Weather: mostly sunny, 26° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Unknown Bones Confluence
The story continues at 34°S 24°E.