30-Dec-2020 -- This is the fifth out of 8 confluence reports on our 11-day trip through the western part of South Africa. The story starts at 33°S 19°E and continues from 29°S 22°E.
After visiting the “Nature Park” in Prieska town on a hill with a former defence tower, we continued on road N10 until the minimal distance of 1500 m to the confluence was reached. But we could even drive closer to the confluence on an ungated road. While Elionora turned the car, I had a quick run of 600 m to the confluence.
The confluence is in dry savanna, with scattered little bushes between the gravelled ground. The confluence is on a flood plain surrounded by hills.
After the confluence visit we continued driving on road N10 in south-eastern direction and spent the night in the Britstown, where we spent the night in a former jail (now converted into a hotel). On our evening walk, we experienced a nice sunset.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 1500 m
- Distance to a track: 600 m
- Distance of car parking: 1000 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 5 minutes
- Time at the confluence: 4:02 PM
- Measured height: 1009 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: mostly flat
- Vegetation: scattered bushes.
- Weather: sunny, 27° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Sunset Windmill Confluence
The story continues at 31°S 25°E.