11-Dec-2019 -- This is the second out of 21 successful revisits and 2 unsuccessful attempts on unvisited confluences in Saudi Arabia. The story continues from 28°N 48°E.
This confluence point is 2.3 km from highway 550 near the village Al 'Adhiriyah. We parked our car at the nearest distance of 2.3 km and walked to the confluence point.
Again, we were confronted with barking dogs. And again we made big circles around them. This time, the dogs belonged to Bedouin families. An again, the desert was not an empty place: Jeeps were passing by with high speeds, a shepherd was walking by wit his herd. Here and there were houses and tents.
However, the confluence lay behind some hills in a quiet place. The only feature at the confluence point was a camel fold yard.
We returned the same way back to the confluence point and continued our first lag to the city of Hafar Al-Batin.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 2300 m
- Distance to a track: 2300 m
- Distance of car parking: 2300 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the car: 30 min
- Time at the confluence: 1:45 PM
- Measured height: 370 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0
- Position accuracy: 2 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: none
- Weather: sunny, 25° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Camel Fold Yard Confluence
The story continues at 28°N 47°E.
More pictures of the trip can be found here.