10-May-2018 -- This is the second out of six reports reaching confluence points during a 4-day cycling trip through Sweden (from Stockholm to Stockholm). The story continues from 60°N 18°E.
In the afternoon I reached the second confluence of this day. Although coming from the east, the confluence is best approached from the main road which is running 4 km in the west from Huddunge to Heby. On tiny, but sealed roads I surrounded Lake Nordsjön and soon reached the scattered housing area of Nordsjö (1.5 km from the confluence).
From Nordsjö I continued on forest tracks up to a distance of 320 m, parked my bicycle and went to the confluence on foot. Again there were many water puddles which I didn’t always avoid successfully. As a result I had we shoes again.
The confluence point is located in typical fir forest. There are huge moss- and lichen-overgrown boulders on the confluence point.
After the visit I continued my cycle trip in western direction. I hadn’t planned on visiting another confluence point this day, but the long daylight, sunny weather and lots of motivation made me ride to a third confluence point this day.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance from a road: 1500 m
- Distance from a track: 320 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 320 m
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 15 minutes
- Time at the CP: 3:56 PM
- Measured height: 86 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: slightly hilly
- Vegetation: conifer (fir / pine) forest.
- Weather: sunny, 20° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Wet Foot Confluence
The story continues at 60°N 16°E.