15-Apr-2021 -- This is the second out of 5 confluence visits on our drive from Eswatini to Swakopmund in Namibia. The story continues from 28°S 19°E.
While travelling from South Africa across Namibia on the main road C14 this was an easy catch. We parked our vehicle 20 km south of Helmeringhausen at the T-intersection with the small D417 in a distance of 600 m and walked straight to the confluence point.
The confluence is on barren soil with scattered grass and bushes. In some distance are larger bushes and camelthorn trees. In 2 km distance, sedimental table-mountains appear. They are 200 m high and have an altitude of 1400 m.
After the visit, we drove the remaining 130 km to the Duwisib Castle to spend the night there.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 600 m
- Distance to a track: 600 m
- Distance of car parking: 600 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the car: 10 minutes
- Time at the confluence: 2:57 PM
- Measured height: 1223 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: flat, but mountains in the distance
- Weather: clear sky, 30° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Duwisib Castle Confluence
The story continues at 25°S 16°E.