23-Nov-2012 -- The story starts at 43°S 147°E and continues from 30°S 153°E.
On my way cycling from Grafton to Casino, I turned into a private road after I had reached the minimal distance of 800 m between the confluence and the road. After 30 m into the side track, I came to a private property. The owner - sorry for not taking down his name - was very friendly and inspired by the confluence project. We walked together the remaining distance of 770 m to the confluence. He actually took over the lead by navigating with my GPS receiver. Thereby, we actually left his property and entered his neighbour's ground. But since he knows his neighour well, such visit was no problem.
The confluence was in a thinned out Eucalyptus forest with several trunks lying on the ground.
We walked back the same route to his house, while listening to each other's life-story. After reaching his house, we bid farewell and I continued my bike trip further north.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to an asphalt road: 800 m
- Distance to a track: 770 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 770 m
- Time to reach CP from bicycle parking: 15 minutes
- Time at CP: 12:00 noon
- Measured height: 50 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: Eucalyptus forest, grass cover
- Weather: sunny, 34° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Friendly Neighbour Confluence
More pictures of the trip can found at mautz.net
The story continues at confluence 28°S 153°E.