09-Aug-2020 -- This is the last out of 7 reports on a one-week bicycle trip (1100 km) from Riga to Warsaw. The story starts from 56°N 25°E and continues from 53°N 22°E.
I had spent the night camping out at a little lake near the village Kłódzie, 10 km north of this confluence point. After an hour of cycling, I parked my bicycle at a distance of 150 m at the edge of a forest and agricultural land on an overgrown field track. Again, as it was the case for three other confluences on this trip, I walked across a stubble field to reach the confluence point. Actually, one can say that August is a good time for confluencing, because the fields are harvested, but not ploughed yet. So it is easy to reach the exact zero location. However, this confluence point turned out to be in a cornfield. I was not able to reach my desired location without damaging the crops. So I documented the confluence point in a distance of 30 m.
After the visit I cycled to Warsaw, my final destination of this trip. I visited friends in the city and flew back to Zurich the next morning.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to a road: 1000 m
- Distance to a track: 400 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 150 m
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 3 minutes
- Time at the confluence: 6:18 AM
- Measured height: 193 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 27 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: high standing cornfield.
- Weather: sunny, 24° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The High Cornfield Confluence
The story finishes here.