26-Oct-2008 -- This is the eighth out of nine confluences that I visited during a 3-day trip to Spain. The story starts from 41°N 4°W. After a visit of 43°N 6°W in the early morning, I directly headed to this confluence. After leaving the motorway A-52, I simply stayed on the national road N-601 up to the village Villafrandes de Campos. From there it is another 8 km to the village Villabaruz de Campos. The whole drive from CP to CP took me just one hour.
Villabaruz is one station of an ornithological trail that starts from Cuenca de Campos. Besides that, the area belongs to the “Terra de Campos” – which is literally true: in all directions are agricultural fields.
I parked the car right next to the county road at a distance of 200 m and hiked across a field. Since it was already harvested, there was no concern to damage any crops. From the confluence Villabaruz de Campos can be seen (1 km distance).
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to an asphalt road: 195 m
- Distance to a track: 195 m
- Distance of parking the car: 204 m
- Distance to houses: 1 km
- Time starting the hike: 9:49 a.m.
- Time at the CP: 9:55 a.m.
- Measured height: 754 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy at the CP: 9 m
- Vegetation: nothing. Dry soil, harvested grain field.
- Topography: generally flat
- Time back from hike: 10:08 a.m.
- Weather: sunny, 7° C (felt temperature)
- Description of the CP: Situated near Villabaruz de Campos, in the province of Valladolid in Castile and León. Easy access from the minor country road between Villabaruz and Tamariz. The area is 100% agricultural.
- Given Name: The Ornithological Trail Confluence
Story ends at 42°N 4°W.