Following 36°N 110°E, this is the fourth of five CP visits during my stay in China.
After a the unsuccesful visit yesterday we decided to visit two CP's today in Shanxi. These CP's were already visited. We did not do any prepartion so it was quite exciting.
This point is near Xiangning. We had some troubles getting out of Hukou. The road to the highway was blocked and after we reached the highway, it was not allowed to use it.
The area around Xiangning has a a lot of mountains. We expected we could not make a succesful visit again. Fortunately the GPS still pointed in a good direction where we could drive.
We took a sand road which went uphill and to our surprise after 1 km we concluded that the CP is situated on this sand road.
- Nearest street/highway:S330
- Distance from road: 0km.
- Time start walking: 00:12 P.M.
- Arrival at CP: 00:12 P.M.
- Weather: cloudy
- Temperature: 30°C
- Area: Xiangning District
- Plants on CP: no plants
- Nearest Unesco World Heritage Site: Ancient City of Ping Yao
- Interesting facts/experiences: - A dog runs along the car, near the CP, digging for water
Next point is 37°N 112°E.