11-May-2002 -- We finally made it after the fourth attempt. Too much snow and a higher elevation means hiking into the bush,in snow up to the waist, is a tough grind.
The 1st attempt put us within 1 km of the confluence, not far off the Chief Lake Road. That was the middle of March and the snow was still falling.
On the 2nd attempt(early April) we tried hiking in from McPhee Road. While the snow had started to melt, this also meant the creek we had to cross was now full of water. Another attempt was going to have to wait a few weeks.
For the 3rd attempt (late April) we decided to come in from the South and Head NW. This time we took our 2 "Brats" along. That, and the deep snow, meant we only made it about 1/4 of the way. We again turned around, this time at a ravine we needed to cross.
May 11/02. SUCCESS. We again hiked in from the South and hiked towards the ravine. (no brats this time) Once across we quickly discovered that a Cut Line was roughly following 54 degrees. While we still encountered a fair amount of snow, we aleast didn't have any bugs.
Less than a KM from the Ravine we found our target. Between all the trees and bushes, and having to ensure we were picking up Satellites, it actually took a good 10 minutes to find the actual spot (54 N , 123 W) Next time we will come in from Cheif Lake road (if there is a next time) Actual time from McPhee road return was less than 2 hours. Elevation was 2367 ft.