19-Nov-2012 -- The story starts at 43°S 147°E and continues from 36°S 149°E.
After staying one week in Sydney for the IPIN (Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation) conference, I sent my suit back home and hit the road again. I cycled northwards along the coast and on the evening of the second day, I reached the town of Gloucester, which is 3.9 km beeline from the confluence point. I was in a bit of a rush to reach this confluence point during the daylight. So I just had a quick refill of water and went on to reach the point.
At a distance of 1.3 km, I turned into a small county road and parked my bike at a distance of 100 m as the nearest point from the road-network was reached. The confluence is on an inclined meadow on a foot of a little mountain. The exact location is in a canyon. The water has washed away the soil at some parts such that the barren rock surface can be seen.
After visiting the confluence, it was time to find a camp for the night. Just on the opposite side of the valley, I found a good spot with a direct view to the confluence, in ca. 500 m distance. It turned out to be a wonderful camp (although a thunderstorm hit me in the night).
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to an asphalt road: 100 m
- Distance to a public road: 100 m
- Distance to a track: 100 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 100 m
- Time to reach CP from bicycle parking: 2 minutes
- Time at CP: 18:30 PM
- Measured height: 121 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: hilly, incline
- Vegetation: grass, some trees in 100 m distance.
- Weather: sunny, 18° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Romantic Camp Confluence
More pictures of the trip can found at mautz.net.
The story continues at confluence 31°S 153°E.