06-Jul-2012 -- By car from Delft to Duinkerken and by boat to Dover. Again by car to Bath. The next day Haijing got promoted in the Abbey of Bath, which was great to see. The city of Bath is a Unesco World Heritage site.
The weather was sunny and afterwards we drove to a B&B in Cheltenham. We like it a lot. The name of the B&B is "Detmore House".
The next day we took the A435 and the B4077 to Alderton. It's located in the Cotswolds a beautiful area in the United Kingdom. We parked the car on Beckford road. Nearby is a Public Footpath which took us to the CP. Unfortunately it was rainy and we were not prepared to walk through long wet grass. We did not want our clothes to be wet because we wanted to pay a visit to friends in Oxford on the same day. We reached the CP within 100 m.
Last but not least we did visit another Unesco World Heritage site. It's situated in Woodstock and it's called Blenheim Palace
- Nearest street: Beckford road
- Distance from street: 182 m.
- Time start walking: 11:03 A.M.
- Arrival at CP: 11:15 A.M.
- Weather: a bit rainy
- Temperature: 19°C
- Area: The Cotswolds (the heart of England)
- Plants on CP: Clover growing in the grass
- Nearest Unesco World Heritage site: Blenheim Palace (35 miles)
- Interesting facts/experiences: -
Coordinator's Note: Please note that if you stay on the public footpath, you can walk unhindered to within 5 m of the confluence point.