01-Jul-2011 -- Continued from 41N 109E. This is Part Two of my eight-point confluence trip.
Our group of confluencers was rather special. Targ has been systematically completing China’s provinces for the past 10 years and has visited over 200 China confluences. A look at his personal confluence map, most people say, “Oh Wow!” Introduced to the project by a good friend and colleague Tony Basoglu, he has made visiting all of China’s confluences a personal project for the past 8 or so years.
Normally Targ takes a month or more and travels systematically to all the confluences in a particular province. However, since becoming a father a mere 10 weeks earlier, and due to work constraints from Big Blue, this time it had to be short and sweet. His wife, Ah Feng, graciously approved his leave from home as her sister was visiting and would be able to help with the care of Little Andy.
Access to the second confluence was similar to our first, 41N 109E, with good roads to farmland, park at a farmhouse, and hike a few hundred meters to the point. More sunflowers.
After nailing the point, Targ took his customary pee and said, “These sunflower seeds will have a special taste.”
Dubbed: Targ’s “Special Taste” Sunflower Confluence
Rainer’s Recorded Details:
1.7.2011 CP 41-108 parking 370m, 14:15 at CP
Targ’s Meticulous Notes:
Return to 乌拉特前旗, then travel W on G6 Jingzang Expy to 41°N 108°E, 7 km N of expressway.
- Exit expressway at 40°55'24.0"N, 108°6'29.7"E. CP 12.5 km NW.
- Turn left (WSW) on highway S211.
- Turn right (N) and cross bridge at 40°54'49.0"N, 108°2'38.1"E. CP 10.3 km NNW.
- Turn right (E) then left (N) onto country road commencing at 40°54'55.2"N, 108°2'43.3"E. CP 10.1 km NNW.
- Follow country road N to highway G110 at 40°59'37.1"N, 108°2'36.4"E. CP 3.72 km WNW.
- Turn left (SW) on highway G110.
- Turn right (NNW) on dirt road at 40°58'29.1"N, 108°0'28.6"E. CP 2.88 km NNW.
- Follow dirt road to farmhouse at 40°59'55.3"N, 107°59'32.7"E. CP 660 m ENE.
- Proceed on foot NE then N to CP.