20-Mar-2009 -- This is the third out of six confluence points that I visited this beautiful sunny Friday in the eve of spring. The story starts from 53°N 10°E.
Coming from 53°N 9°E it took me a little more than one hour to reach this confluence. Both confluences are well connected by the German Autobahn A1 and A29. At Großenkneten I left the highway, and approached the remaining 11 km by some country roads. Thereby, I passed through the little town Garrel, which was quite busy at this time of the day. Right at the intersection of Böseler Strasse and Hauptstrasse K 149 I parked the car and walked to the point.
The confluence point turned out to be located in the middle of a field that was recently fertilized with slurry or liquid manure . You can imagine, that this was not a pleasure for my nose. Nevertheless, I carried out a confluence dance and zeroed out the confluence point. It is located half way between the main road towards Petersdorf and the farmhouse.
I walked the same way back to the car and continued to 52°N 8°E.
One hour after this visit, astronomical spring time started (at 12:43 MEZ).
CP visit details:
- Beeline distance from starting point: 66.7 km
- Driving distance from starting point: 90.0 km
- Departure time: 10:28 am
- Distance and time of parking: 296 m (11:36 am)
- Time at the CP: 11:48 am
- Minimal distance to the CP: 0 m
- Position accuracy at the CP: 5 m
- Measured height: 2 m
- Vegetation: winter grass field, manured with natural fertilizer.
- Distance to a road: 150 m
- Distance to a track: 150 m
- Distance to houses: 210 m
- Topography: totally flat
- Weather: sunny, 10° C (felt temperature)
- Description of the CP: Located in the state of Niedersachsen between the towns Bösel and Garrel. In a agricultural dominated area. No hills, neither near nor far.
- Given Name: The Natural Fertilizer Confluence
Story continues at 52°N 8°E.