W
NW
N
N
NE
W
the Degree Confluence Project
E
SW
S
S
SE
E

Russia : Tverskaya oblast'

0.9 km (0.6 miles) ENE of Dubrovka, Tverskaya oblast', Russia
Approx. altitude: 160 m (524 ft)
([?] maps: Google MapQuest Multimap world confnav)
Antipode: 57°S 145°W

Accuracy: 7 m (22 ft)
Click on any of the images for the full-sized picture.

#2: South-West view #3: GPS screen #4: Anar Polunov and Anatoly Terentiev constructed a stone pyramid near DCP #5: View to Borisoglebsky friary from Tvertsa-river bridge #6: View to embankment from Tvertsa-river bridge

  { Main | Search | Countries | Information | Member Page | Random }

  57°N 35°E (visit #3) (secondary) 

#1: North-East view

(visited by Anatoly Terentiev and Anar Polunov)

English

22-Июнь-2007 – Выехав из Торжка, после некоторых плутаний, но без особых приключений, мы добрались до точки пересечения координат и решили соорудить небольшую каменную пирамидку. Поскольку сама точка, как уже отмечали наши предшественники, находится в поле, камни мы натаскали на проплешину на его краю – метрах в тридцати от пересечения. Отметив таким образом наше посещение и посвятив его Галине Колесниковой, которая не пошла к точке пешком, а осталась ждать нас в машине на дороге, мы вернулись в Торжок.

Главная достопримечательность и наиболее посещаемое место в этом городе – Борисоглебский монастырь, основанный в 1038 году Ефремом – конюхом мучеников Бориса и Глеба. Торжок (как и находящаяся возле него конфлюентная точка) расположен на берегу реки Тверцы, название которой в переводе с финно-угорского означает «быстрая».

English

22-Jun-2007 – We drove from Torzhok town and after some wandering we reached the confluence point and start to make a stone pyramid. Because of the DCP is located on agriculture field, we constructed our pyramid in about 30 m from exact spot, on the field edge. We dedicated our visit to Galina Kolesnikova – she didn’t walk to the point and waited us in the car. After this visit we went back in Torzhok.

One of great sights of this Russian town is Borisoglebsky friary, founded in 1038 by Efrem [Ephraim], who was a groom of Saint martyrs Boris and Gleb. Torzhok (and also the CP nearby) is located on the bank of Tvertsa river. The name of the river means “rapid” (from Finno-Ugric language).


 All pictures
#1: North-East view
#2: South-West view
#3: GPS screen
#4: Anar Polunov and Anatoly Terentiev constructed a stone pyramid near DCP
#5: View to Borisoglebsky friary from Tvertsa-river bridge
#6: View to embankment from Tvertsa-river bridge
ALL: All pictures on one page (broadband access recommended)