05-Apr-2007 -- Continued from 38°S 177°E. We asked the owner of the campground “Holiday Park Dargaville” if he knew where the exact location of Mititai road was. We did’t have a map in a good scale, but we didn’t want to wait a long time until the information centre would open. So we just followed the directions according to Ross Finlayson who had visited this confluence point just one month ago.
When we arrived at the farm it was early morning. The farm family just began to run the dairy to milk the cows. We met the land owner and had a small chat with him. He showed me with pride the directions how to get the confluence point.
Then we had a short walk of just 561m beeline over the hill and across grass lands. There we could get to the confluence point exactly.
It was a nice and easy-to-get point.
CP visit details:
- Time at the confluence: 9:00 a.m.
- Time to reach the confluence from the road: 15 min
- Distance to a track: 30 m
- Distance to a road: 560 m
- Topography: hilly, on a mountain but exact spot located in a hollow.
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position Accuracy at the CP: 4 m
- GPS height: 32 m
- Vegetation: grass and pine trees.
- Weather: light rain, 20° C
- Description of the CP: On the cultivated East Cost of the North Island, on dairy farm land.
- Given Name: The Dairy Farm Confluence
Story started from 46°S 170°E