09-Jun-2018 -- This is the 7th out of 12 reports reaching confluence points in Poland. The story starts at 52°N 21°E and continues from 53°N 19°E.
After 85 minutes driving time, we had reached the confluence location coming from the neighbouring confluence in the west. We went through the village Małocin, parked right at the end of the village at the roadside 100 m from the confluence point. Quite particular was the fact that many poles of overhead powerlines were decorated with stork nests. One of them was within 100 m of the confluence. What will happen if the overhead powerlines get replaced by underground cables?
Reaching the confluence was simple, because it is located exactly between two neighbouring agricultural fields. The field to the west was wheat and that to the east was corn. At the edge of the cornfield there is a Patriarchal cross.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 100 m
- Driving time from the last CP: 1 hour 25 min
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 6 min
- Time at the CP: 1:53 PM
- Measured height: 114 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 3 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: between wheat and grain field
- Weather: clear sky, 27° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Stork Nest Confluence
The story continues at 53°N 21°E.