09-Jun-2018 -- This is the 4th out of 12 reports reaching confluence points in Poland. The story starts at 52°N 21°E and continues from 52°N 19°E.
Again we travelled on motorway A2. We left it at the Konin exit and continued on road no. 25 southwards. A minor county road took us up to 1 km to the confluence point. There, we found a very sandy track, which was difficult to drive on. This track got us within 272 m to the confluence.
We walked these remaining 272 m through a mixed forest consisting of big pine trees, smaller spruce and deciduous trees. We found the confluence in a pine forest with huge trees next to a thicket of smaller trees.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance of car parking: 272 m
- Driving time from the last CP: 80 min
- Time to reach the CP from the road: 4 min
- Time at the CP: 7:55 AM
- Measured height: 99 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy: 4 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: huge pine trees, smaller spruce and beech trees, ferns
- Weather: clear sky, 24° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The Sandy Track Confluence
The story continues at 53°N 18°E.