01-May-2009 -- This is the third confluence visit on a 3-day trip 4-confluences-hunt to Hungary, Serbia and Romania. The report starts from 47°N 20°E.
Actually, we didn’t have any plans to visit this confluence point. Our target was 45°N 21°E, which is located one degree further to the East. But in order to get there, the quickest route was taking the motorway Budapest – Belgrade, even though we had to take into account a large deviation. When we had a break at a motorway service area near St. Pazova, I suddenly noticed that this confluence was just 16 km from our location.
We quickly changed our plans and left the highway, drove through the town St. Pazova and continued on that country road until we reached the village Putinci (Путинци). We did not enter the village, because our GPS pointer suggested us that it would be better to take a little track towards the north. We followed the track and were lucky: we reached another country road that brought us within 100 m to the confluence. Conveniently, there was a good spot to park our vehicle. The final approach can be done on a farming track that suitably takes one within 10 m to the goal.
I hate to say that, but there is indeed not much to report on that visit. We noticed an old sack with grains that had been left on the field. We did not notice anything special on or near the confluence.
After documentation, we went back to the car, back to the motorway and reached Serbian’s capital half an hour later. We unfortunately missed the right exit for Pancevo. Instead, we ended up in the old city Smederevo, where we stayed the night. The next day, we realized that our originally planned confluence 45°N 21°E was too far off, so we skipped it and continued our trip to Romania.
CP visit details:
- Beeline distance from car parking: 90 m
- Walking time (incl. return): 10 min
- Time at the CP: 4:42 pm
- Measured height: 106 m
- Position accuracy at the CP: 4 m
- Minimal distance to the CP: 0 m
- Vegetation: young grain field.
- Distance to a road: 100 m
- Distance to a track: 10 m
- Distance to houses: 1.1 km
- Topography: totally flatness
- Weather: overcast, drizzle, 20° C (felt temperature)
- Description of the CP: Located Serbia’s Vojvodina province in the Srem district. It is situated in the Ruma municipality, in an agricultural dominated landscape. On a grain field with young plants.
- Given Name: The Spontaneous Serbian Confluence
Story finishes at 46°N 21°E.