19-Dec-2007 -- Second time's a charm. Confluence target photo shot with a 135mm telephoto film camera (Old Pentax K1000 that has been in water [lake powell] before which accounts for the crappy colors):
- Crystal River Power Plant background, with dolphin in the foreground.
Remaining photos using an old olympus digital camera.
Confluence by rental kayaks out of the town of Cedar Key located 9.5 miles North of confluence.
- 07:19 sunrise this time of year.
- 09:19 put-in @ Cedar Key Beach.
- 10:20 high-tide today.
- 12:19 within 100 feet of confluence; spend an hour going in circles to zero in the gps digits.
- 15:20 low tide today.
- 16:30 back onshore Cedar Key.
- 17:30 sunset this time of year.
Great rates to stay the night before at Dock Side Motel in Cedar Key where the proprietor can give you local fishing tips. Beer and entertainment at Coconuts of Cedar Key (Bar - Billiards/Karaoke Wed Nites). Dine until 9pm at Anne's Other Place (Restaurant located above coconuts - Grouper & Mullet & other seafood).
GPS picture with all zeros is not completely legible due to sun glare so it is submitted as "extra photo".
A read-able GPS picture within 0.00001 N and W submitted in it's place.
Land features to the North visible by naked eye today:
- Snake Island trees are the dominant feature in VIEW North photo (center).
- Seahorse Island trees are secondary features in VIEW North photo (left).
- White Cedar Key water tower visible (right).
- White 4-story housing structures of Cedar Key visible (rightmost).
Land features to the ESE visible to naked eye today:
- Crystal River Power Plant -- 4 stacks (right corner of photo).
The sea floor at the confluence is not visible today. Nautical charts say depth is 17 feet. Three miles toward Cedar Key from confluence (which is still 6.5 miles offshore) there are sand bars that could be visible above water for unusually low tides.
Wildlife observed today:
- dolphin playing around the boat.
- sea turtle floating (asleep) - it appeared as a patch of seaweed until it woke up startled by my presence.
- Lots-a birds.