05-Nov-2012 -- The story starts at 43°S
147°E and continues from 38°S 146°E .
On my bicycle trip's section between Melbourne and Sydney, I came across
this confluence point in the morning of the second day. I had camped out
near the village Bonnie Doon about 13 km from the confluence point.
I left the main road at a distance of about 2.4 km and followed a signpost
to the Sundale Farm. At a distance of 1.2 km, I 'parked' my bicycle and
walked along farm tracks until I located the confluence point near an overhead power-line. Right at the
confluence, there is unmown high grass with scattered trees.
I walked back the same route that I had come (without seeing any human
being) and also rode the same track back to the main road to continue my
trip to Sydney.
CP Visit Details:
- Distance to an asphalt road: 2.4 km
- Distance to a public road: 1.2 km
- Distance to a track: 160 m
- Distance of bicycle parking: 1.2 km
- Time to reach CP from bicycle parking: 10 minutes
- Time at CP: 9:00 AM
- Measured height: 333 m
- Minimal distance according to GPS: 0 m
- Position accuracy at turn around: 3 m
- Topography: flat
- Vegetation: high grass, scattered trees
- Weather: partly cloudy, 18° C (felt temperature)
- Given Name: The High Grass Sundale Confluence
More pictures of the trip can found at mautz.net
The story continues at confluence 36°S 147°E.